The PDW will be held in an interactive format, encompassing 2 hours in total. First, the co-organizers will introduce the topic with a broad overview of the current visual research agenda in organization and management research and its manifold facets, promising avenues, and major challenges.
The panelists and roundtable facilitators – seven distinguished scholars in various areas of visual research – will then provide brief insights into selected approaches, methods/methodologies, and areas of application:
- Emma Bell (Keele Management School, Keele University)
- Eva Boxenbaum (Mines ParisTech and CBS Copenhagen Business School)
- Candace Jones (Carroll School of Management, Boston College)
- Theo van Leeuwen (University of Southern Denmark)
- Alan Meyer (Lundquist College of Business, University of Oregon)
- Paolo Quattrone (University of Edinburgh Business School)
- Chris Steyaert (School of Management, University of St. Gallen)
Participants will choose a roundtable dedicated to a particular conceptual and/or methodological focus that will be facilitated by the PDW co-organizers and senior faculty. The aim for each round- table is the exchange of particular research ideas and discussion of issues and challenges. Each facilitator will, eventually, present the main conclusions of the round-table to the plenum, and the PDW will conclude with a Q&A and wrap-up session.
No separate registration for the PDW is necessary.
If you have further questions, please feel free to contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please also see http://program.aom.org/2014/submission.asp?mode=ShowSession&SessionID=614.
We are looking forward to inspiring discussions about ongoing and future projects in visual organization and management studies.